MUR 600m debt issuance for Bank One Ltd
We provide our clients, both local and international, with bespoke capital markets advice across a wide range of sectors. We help them develop and implement funding solutions to support acquisition, growth, recapitalisation, and restructuring or refinancing of existing debt.
PLEION Corporate Finance advised Bank One Limited on its maiden MUR 600m subordinated Tier 2 debt issuance. The transaction, which was Bank One’s first issuance in Mauritian Debt Capital Markets, involved advising management on the costs and benefits of bonds as compared to traditional bank funding, structuring the transaction from a legal perspective (aligning with BoM & Basel III guidelines), and speaking to investors about the investment opportunity to secure their interest. This transaction shows that PLEION Corporate Finance’s experienced team is well placed to help a first time issuer come to the market in a COVID-19 environment and issue a 10 year unsecured bond at very attractive rates for both the issuer and the investors.
Our expertise, market intelligence and an extensive network of investor relationships is built on a reputation of bringing good quality transactions to Mauritian Debt Capital Markets and looking after the interests of the issuer and the investor. If you would like to speak to a member of our team to see how we can help you, please contact us.
We provide independent and objective Debt Capital Markets Transactions and Debt Advisory services, tailored to your requirements.
Debt Capital Markets Transactions
- Debt-based public offering
- Convertible securities and bonds
- Mezzanine Finance
- Notes and Commercial paper issuances
- High yield
- Debt private placements
- Risk management
- Share repurchase
- Debt underwriting
- Debt restructuring and buy-back
- Liability management (including buyback)
- Structured products (infrastructure bonds, project bonds, credit linked notes)
- Asset securitisation
- Derivative execution
- Bond buy backs
- Bond issuance
- Corporate bond offerings (“plain vanilla” bonds, Tier II capital, etc.)
- Government bonds
- Transaction structuring
- Ratings advisory
- Financial structuring and restructuring
- Raising of non-listed debt-based fund
- Optimisation of balance sheet (capital structuring)